Depending on your condition and therapy preferences, a combination of techniques may be used including:
- direct and rhythmic movement techniques
- strength and stretch methods for muscles
- soft and connective tissue techniques
- sports massage
- joint manipulation
- techniques to encourage fluid flow and tissue repair
- indirect, gentle, harmonic approaches
Osteopathy can be used to treat many musculoskeletal problems including pain arising from discs, muscles, joints, tendons, and ligaments. It is a widely used therapy for generalised pain in areas such as the back, neck, shoulder, hip, and knee, for dealing with acute muscle spasms, fatigue, nerve pain, tension and posture-related headaches.
Osteopathy has also been found to be effective in the rehabilitation of sports injuries including sprains, tears and tendonitis.
For more information on osteopathy or to book an appointment in Bridgnorth or Shrewsbury, please call 01746 761050. Alternatively, online booking is available here →